Submission of Abstracts
The only valid abstract submission is online via
the conference website. Abstracts sent by e-mail or mail independently of the
system will not be accepted.
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 1, 2018
The language of the Conference is English and Turkish. Participants who wish to present their notices in Turkish should submit their abstracts in both Turkish and English.
The notices to be presented at the conference should be original, be able to contribute to the scientific developments in the urban area and have the qualification to be able to shed light on the main problems there. As the abstracts that are sent online will be published as an e-book in the same way, attention should be paid to spelling rules. The authors are responsible for all typos.
- Abstracts will be collected by online abstract system.
titles should not be included in the author names.
- Only the initials should be uppercase, whereas the rest should be lower case.
E.g.: Yusuf Sanar
4. The names and the addresses of the institutions where the authors work must be specified.
E.g.: Xxxx University Faculty of Architecture, Xxxx Department, Çankaya/Ankara
5. Only the first letters of the words in the abstract title should be written uppercase. (Abbreviations are exceptional.)
E.g.: Sustainable Urbanism and Local Government
6. If an abbreviation is used in the abstract, the abbreviated name should be specified in parentheses.
7. In the abstract, the purpose of the study and the methods should be briefly stated, the finding should be summarized with sufficient numerical details and the results should be explained within the context of the findings presented.
8. Abstract should be written using the purpose statement, method, findings and result titles.
For Turkish Abstract:
The abstract must not exceed a maximum of 750 words, and should have
minimum of 500 words, except the title, author's name, and surname. The
abstracts that are below or above these limits are not accepted by the system.
A minimum limit of 500, a maximum of 750 words has been set so that the
referees can evaluate your notices better.
For English Abstract:
The abstract must not exceed a maximum of 1000 words, and should have minimum of 500 words, except the title, author's name, and surname. The abstracts that are below or above these limits are not accepted by the system. A minimum limit of 500, a maximum of 1000 words has been set so that the referees can evaluate your notices better.
should not be included in the abstract. For this reason, quotations made in the
text should not be attributed.
- Author information, title and key words should not be included in the
abstract text. Key words should be given in the key word part by putting a
comma and a space between them.
- For notices to be accepted, they must not have been published elsewhere or
presented in another conference, symposium or scientific organization.
- The abstract should not include figures, tables, formulas or pictures.
Notices sent via the website will be evaluated by the Proceedings Committee and the Arbitration Committee and it will be decided whether they are accepted for the presentation. A letter of acceptance will be sent to the first authors of the works that are accepted for the presentation within one month at the latest after the notices are uploaded on the system, indicating the acceptance of their notice and the way of the presentation (oral or poster).